Sunday, September 8, 2013

Tracing logos and figuring out Illustrator



In class we were assigned to remake eight logos using Adobe Illustrator. You would think a little class assignment like that would be easy, but for me it was the exact opposite.

I must have asked for help 3 times before I had to walk out of the room to calm down from being so frustrated! Fortunately I got some extra help from an Illustrator friend. Turns out that when I was trying to manipulate the pen tool to create curves around the original logos I wasn't switching over to the selection tool but was trying to use the pen tool to move the handles. Whoops! After I realized that, tracing and filling the logos was easy as pie.

If anything I learned from this assignment how to use the pen tool, what anchors/handles/and paths are, how to fill certain paths, how to merge two different pieces together to make one logo, and how to trace on Illustrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment