Sunday, September 15, 2013

Week 3B






Since we were instructed to take our own original photos for this Calender project, I went to the Oley Turnpike Dairy and took multiple photos of Sheep and one of goats. Where I got really lucky is the fact that the petting zoo had a sheared sheep (which goes along with my idea). I will be taking other photos of those bus stop benches with a girl sitting and knitting soon; I just have to get knitting needles and yarn from my mother first!

My main idea for my October themed calender was to have a girl knitting on a bus bench and a sheared shiver sheep to come over and ask her for his coat back (the wool yarn). I'm thinking of placing the name "Mary" somewhere to insinuate "Mary had a little lamb". I want to have a cold-like feel to the coloring and a comic scene type feel to the illustration. I plan on drawing it out on paper, inking it with sharpies, then scanning it in and working on it on Illustrator. 


No comments:

Post a Comment